Since 1958, Allied Oil & Tire Company has taken pride in continually raising the bar on quality service. Our company-wide commitment to ethics is just how we do business – and that’s not just lip service.
When other companies are simply trying to sell you on price, we are working hard to earn your trust and help your business grow. We want to do more than sell you lubricants and tires, we want to help you increase your profitability.
We understand that in order for us to succeed, first you must succeed!
We’re a family-run business and it shows. Here at Allied we treat our customers like family. Once we’ve gained your business, we continue to foster and build the relationship…we consult, follow up and follow up some more to ensure your bottom line is where it should be.
- To provide our customers with a level of customer service and added value that is the best in the industry and continually strive to make it even better.
- To fully develop and challenge our people by providing on-going training, so that continuous improvement is the accepted norm for each individual.
- To continually be the most ethical customer to our vendors and the most ethical vendor to our customers.
- To provide a pleasant working environment for our employees that is conducive to creativity, responsibility and involvement.
- Above all, to sell quality products and services, to prosper and to have fun doing so.
Conrad Heinson is the visionary CEO of Allied Oil & Supply, Inc (now Allied Oil & Tire Company). In 1958, Heinson, a salesman for Interstate Oil in Kansas City, learned that his territory in Nebraska and Iowa would be dropped from Interstate’s service area. Recognizing opportunity where others might see failure, he decided to service the area himself by starting his own business. Allied first opened its doors at 1024 Dodge in Omaha, NE warehousing in the Ford Storage facilities. Within a year, they added a facility in Des Moines, and four years later, Kansas City. In the early years they focused strictly on lubricants and filters. Products were shipped by common carrier and stored in a public warehouse.
The company moved its headquarters in 1965 to 404 Pierce St, Omaha, NE. This was also the year Henison began Allied Tire Co – developing a network of retail tire outlets spreading from Omaha to as far as San Diego, California by 1968.
Both of Heinson’s daughters, Tamara Heinson-Fowler and Debra Heinson-Thiesfeld, have been active in the business since 1979.
Conrad Heinson now serves as CEO and Chairman of the Board. Tamara Heinson-Fowler and Debra Heinson-Thiesfeld are now, or have served on the Board of Directors. The other members of the executive group are Steve Phillips, President; Greg Kennedy, Lubricants Product Line Vice President; Mark St. Aubin, Tire Product Line Vice President; Kyle Fowler, CFO and Roxanne Suiter, Controller.
Allied has experienced substantial growth in oil and truck tire sales during the last 35 years:
- In 1975, Allied took the lead in providing oil storage and dispensing equipment to its customers. Oil is purchased in bulk from several major oil companies, repackaged at Allied facilities, and distributed to end users throughout the Central United States. This same year, the corporate headquarters was moved to its present location at 2209 S. 24th St. in Omaha, NE.
- In 1998, Allied opened a state-of-the art Michelin Retread plant at 21st and Martha in Omaha, which produces over 400 truck retreads a day.
In 2003, the Allied Industrial/Environmental Services, based out of the Kansas City facility, was started in order to assist customers in designing and implementing “Best Practices” lubrication and maintenance programs.
- In 2006, Equipment Service Co. (ESCO) was started. They provide sales and service for lubrication equipment in the automotive and trucking industries.
- In 2010, Kyle Fowler, son of Executive Vice President Tamara Heinson-Fowler, joined the family business and took on the role of Chief Financial Officer.
- In 2011, Steve Phillips was named President. In 2011 the name of the company was also changed to Allied Oil & Tire Company to more clearly describe the company’s offerings.
- In 2012, Allied opened a new branch in Wichita, KS.
- In 2013, Allied built a new facility in Joplin, MO, located at 4841 E. 32nd Street.
- In 2014, Allied Remodeled & added to the facility in Kansas City, MO.
- In 2015, Allied moved their Sioux City, IA location to a new address, located at 5301 Al Haynes Drive.